Tuesday, October 16, 2007

 

Is this thing on?

Hi, anybody who may stop by and read this. I've been MIA from here for a while, but kinda hope to get back into it.

My last post told of my getting a new business venture off the ground, selling Bradley Smokers and Accessories. I'm happy to say that I have sold 3 smokers and several boxes of the bisquettes that are burned to smoke the food. I also have 3 of the cheaper model smokers on backorder (hopefully only until the end of the month at latest), and quite possibly have them sold as soon as they come in the door.

Leg is still leaking badly...should probably go see the Doctor once, especially since I've noticed a little infection in the other leg again now. He'll probably cuss me out for not taking the fluid pills he prescribed, but I do have a couple of good excuses. First is that they don't seem to be helping the leg when I'm on them, and the second is that after a few days on them, I get a kind of a pain in the left side of my belly area....has happened the last 3 times I started on them.

Fire Department. Well, no real interesting calls, but during Fire Prevention Week last week, we held a Fundraising picnic. Haven't heard the tally yet, but I was told the crowd was really good. I spent the evening out with the grillers as I had been in charge of getting the food for the cookout, and spent the afternoon cutting the 560+ buns for the hamburgers and hot dogs. The place I had to order from never asked if I wanted them cut, so I assumed they would be...I'll know better if I do it again next year.

On August 19th, I bought a new Cell Phone, and set off on a quest to have my number ported from my old service provider (Alltel) to the new one (TracFone). After 13+ hours on the phone with Tech Support and Number Portability Departments from both companies, spread over 50 days, I finally had a working phone on October 9th.

Well, I think that's about it from this go-round. I hope it isn't so long until the next one, I really do enjoy writing here, I just don't do it enough.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?