Friday, August 03, 2007

 

Got a little update for ya

I mentioned in my last post that I had started a new business venture and was waiting on my new inventory. Well, I got impatient on Wednesday and made a call to the company to see if/when they were planning on shipping the product. They couldn't check on it, so they took my number and said they'd have to call me back. An hour later, still nothing, so I decided to check the online status thing again, and lo and behold, the status was changed to "shipped" (an hour and 10 minutes earlier, it was still "processing"). There was also a tracking number for Fed Ex, so I clicked on that and saw that the shipment was shipped the day before, and would arrive the following day.

Then came the wait on Thursday. This is the main reason I prefer UPS over Fed Ex. With UPS, I have my shipments by 10 AM or so, if they're arriving that day. The Fed Ex truck finally showed up at 3:30 PM.

Before I could play with them, I had to deliver some pop and beer to the Fire Station for our meeting that would be taking place later that evening, so I took care of that. Got back at about 5:00 (had to pack it all into the coolers so I only would have to ice them after work). Totally worn out at this point, as it was a long hot day, and carrying the pop and beer took a lot out of me. Sadly, I waited until this morning to unpack the 4 Rack Digital smoker and get it displayed, as well as displaying the bisquettes that weren't yet spoken for/sold. I also took one on my sales call, as my friends/customers there had ordered one of the ones that are backordered, and I was hoping to upgrade them to this one. So far, they haven't jumped at my offer.

Had a long day yesterday. In the afternoon, there was a big Ethanol leak in the town South of mine, that required our department as Mutual Aid (several others too). I didn't go there, but I did go to the station so I could get my report info together. After work, I dropped the ice off at the Fire Station, and relayed that I would go to training, but not the meeting...just plain wore out...left from there to get my cooler from home for some bottled water and Gatorade for the guys during training (chief caught me after the ice and told me to get it). As I was calling the convenience store to get that stuff together, something was paged, but I turned the radio down and missed it, and almost simultaneously, one of our firefighters called for assistance at an accident near the c-store I was going to. I'm not sure if we got paged on this or not.

Anyway, we got that taken care of (I picked up the stuff before responding to the accident), it was training time, actually a half hour later than it was supposed to start. I finally got home at 8:00 and got my soaking wet and heavy wrapping and towel off my leg (towel was to prevent fluid from going to the floor...didn't totally prevent this).

Have a good one.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?