Thursday, June 07, 2007

 

HI, Miss me?

Well, I guess I took the last month off from writing here. I didn't intend to, but I could never think of anything blogworthy.

Health wise, I'm doing alright...no better, no worse, just holding my own I guess. Had a pretty exciting afternoon with the Fire Department on Tuesday of this week. About 2:30 in the afternoon, we got called for a guy who had taken a huge amount of a prescription drug he was given that morning after a trip to ER with a sliced wrist. We showed up with a light turnout (me and 3 others who actually worked with the patient). When I got to the scene, one of our guys came out to the EMS unit and got on the radio to call for a Deputy assist as the patient was not cooperating. Couple of minutes later, our other 2 responders came out as they had given up on trying to treat him without law enforcement there.

We were watching the doors when a guy (I didn't know at the time that he was the patient) came out of the house and started running. Since my fellow department members didn't give chase, it continued my ignorance of him being the patient, and by the time I safely backed up to give pursuit, I lost sight of him. I met the deputy after I had driven a block, and apparently we crossed the path of the runner, but didn't see him. A few minutes into the chase, we hear that he's possibly going to another house about 5 blocks away to get a gun, so the deputy speeds that direction, and I follow, if for no other reason than to call for help if the deputy gets shot/shot at. For some reason, I wasn't too concerned for my safety until the reality hit when I saw a trusted source carrying the gun out of the house to give to the deputy. I then thought I was pretty stupid to be sitting there watching this unfold.

Less than 10 minutes after word of the gun went over the radio, our town was inundated with law enforcement. 6 deputies, 1 State Patrol, 1 deputy from the county North of here, 4 DEA/DCI/FBI (I'm not sure, 2 suits, 2 "undercover" guys), and I think a couple more for good measure were meeting with us and the ambulance crew, getting a plan of action put together. About a half hour after this meeting, the guy was in police custody, with plans to be committed to the State Mental Facility.

It was fun....scary for a bit, but overall, a fun afternoon that might not have seemed that way at the time.

I'll try to keep blogging, but anymore I need something exciting to say...sorry. :D

Comments:
That sounds like it could have turned out really bad. I'm glad you're safe!

I hope you had a happy birthday!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?