Thursday, April 19, 2007

 

Good Day, I think

Good evening readers. Couple of times I was a bit worried what was happening, but I think I had a pretty good overall day. This morning I was checking my lottery tickets from the last 3 drawings and found that I had $16 worth of winners. Then, on my daily sales call, we were listening to the radio when they had a call in trivia question deal, where I scored a pair of tickets to next weekend's NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race and IRL race at Kansas Speedway.

One of the things that got my heart pumpin' in a not as good way, was when I went to pick up my tickets that I won and run some other errands. I was leaving the store from one of my stops and hear a bunch of sirens. Since I had left my radio in my truck, not expecting anything to happen in the short time I was going to be in the store, I had to call Dad, who was back here with the scanner and have him fill me in on what was going on. It happened to be a car vs. train accident in a little town West of the one I was in. Only word I have on patient condition is what was on a news website...2 people seriously injured and taken to larger hospitals by helicopter.

Earlier this week, Monday I believe, I read about an area family that was killed in a plane crash in Missouri. I knew the father/husband by name only, as he owns/owned property here in town when I was doing the utility billing, and only talked with him on the phone once. Still kind of a shocker.

I also wish to extend my prayers and sympathy to all affected by the recent shootings at Virginia Tech. Not much I can say about it, besides...damn.

Hmm, how did this post take that turn? I wanted it to be upbeat and I spend more time talking about serious injuries and death than why I really started this entry.

Oh well, even with that downer, I'm still looking forward to next weekend's trip to Kansas City, KS for some tailgating and letting my buddies use the race tickets.

Have a good day.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?