Wednesday, February 21, 2007

 

A Rare Second Post for a Week

Hey readers. Just thought I'd fill ya in on what happened during my lunch hour today. I was getting gas, had just paid for it in the shop and was walking back to my truck when I heard a funny noise, kind of like a crunch. I looked up expecting to see a car that had just run over some hard snow, when I saw that I was right, but it was a little more serious than that. The car was bouncing off the curb, then on the curb, then off again at the intersection, before bounding up on the curb and hitting a sign pole. I grabbed my radio and called to have Law Enforcement come down, and gave a preliminary driver report to the dispatcher. The driver said he was okay, and less than 2 minutes after my initial call, there were 4 Highway Patrol, and 2 PD officers on scene.

Since the driver reported that he wasn't hurt (I'm not trained for patient care beyond CPR anyway), and there were many officers there, plus the fact that I really couldn't provide any more information than other witnesses, I asked if they needed me for anything else, they said no, so I went on my way to relieve some of the traffic congestion at the scene.

About an hour and a half before this incident, I was on my way to my sales call, when my Fire Department was paged for an EMS call for a guy who was having trouble with his Oxygen level. I was a little over 4 miles from town, so I got to fly low to get back, and since nobody else was on the highway to lead the ambulance in, I took that job.

While writing this, I'm reminded that some how, some way, we are in a certain place at a certain time for a reason. I say this because, due to the first call (the guy with a low Oxygen level), I was running late for my sales call. I still made the sales call, and was really running late when I headed to where I was getting gas, so late that I debated just going back to work, and get gas and lunch here in town instead of the other town I ended up at, and decided against my first choice of where to get gas.

Granted, another gal was on her cell phone reporting the accident, noticed her just after I got done talking to the dispatcher, but still, it was almost like that's where I was supposed to be at that time.

I guess I finally had a relatively exciting day. Don't know how many more of these I can handle...lol.

Comments:
Don't you just love the feeling when you can do something good for someone?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?