Friday, February 09, 2007

 

Happy 7th day after Groundhog Day

Or something like that. Not the greatest week I've had. Wednesday afternoon, Dad's computer decided it didn't want to go to secure internet sites, including one he needs for Tax Prep work, and also didn't want to talk to the printer. It was over my head, so we called the guy that set up our network, left a message with his son, that he didn't get, so called again the next morning. Anyway, he gets here and spends 2 and a half hours trying to get it fixed, couldn't do it so he was back to try more stuff this morning for an hour and a half. Still not fixed and it looks like we're gonna have to "day one" the computer and then get the documents and databases back to current.

In other news, I presented a bill to my banker (reimbursement type thing), thinking it would be taken care of the day I presented it (last Friday), only to find on Wednesday, hmm maybe it was just a day instead of week, sorry, back to the story, that he hadn't deposited the amount to my account yet, and as I was spending money, I had gotten 2 overdrafts. Didn't bother me much until the next day when I saw that he still hadn't taken care of it and another OD hit. I called the bank, they told me that he'd call me. Never heard from him, so I checked it out this morning, and he finally had put the money in my account, but hadn't done anything about the OD charges. I also had noticed that a CC payment that was supposed to have been made yesterday wasn't in the record. I went to the bank and mentioned the OD charges to the teller, asking for a call back. In the mean time, I checked on the CC website to see if I was getting a late payment and/or over limit charge, but so far they aren't listed and they have a payment on there, fingers are crossed in hopes of it staying that way. The bank called me back, but it was the teller and not the banker who caused this mess, saying that the OD charges were being reversed, so that's a plus.

On to smoking issues. Gonna smoke a boneless turkey breast roll this weekend. Do a nice little brine bath Saturday night, then a couple of hours of hickory smoke and a few hours of cooking in the smoker. Should make some nice sandwiches for lunch next week.

Don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but I ordered a new remote meat/smoker thermometer towards the end of January, and it still hasn't shown up. I used the retailer's contact form earlier this week, and it said they'd be back to me within 72 hours, and as of writing this, the 73rd hour mark has passed without me hearing from them. It sure would have been nice to have this thermometer for this weekend's smoking, since it's supposed to be only about 10-15 degrees outside when I'm doing it, and I don't really want to put my sweatshirt, gloves, and coat on every hour to go out and check my temps to make sure everything is working the way it should...but I will since I have to.

Well, I hope I haven't bored you, or lowered your spirits by complaining so much today. I'll try to do a light hearted, almost funny, post next week. Okay? Until then, have a good day, and thanks for reading.

Comments:
Your smokin' turkey sounds great! My mouth is watering as I type.

Sorry you had issues with the bank. Isn't it the worst thing ever when people don't call you back?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?