Tuesday, January 16, 2007

 

What's up?

Hey readers, did ya miss me last week when I didn't post a "Wednesday Whatever"? I really mean to, but just couldn't think of anything to say during the many times I was online.

Went to the city this past weekend to spend the gift cards I got for Christmas and the one I cashed in some hotel points for. Picked up a bunch of movies at Best Buy. The ones I can name off the top of my head are: American Pie presents The Naked Mile, Super Troopers, Old School, Talladega Nights, Tommy Boy, and a couple more that I can't think of right now. We also hit Lowes', Menard's, Staples, PetSmart, Walgreen's, Coyote Canyon for Supper, and Long John Silver's for lunch earlier in the day. Oh yeah, we also hit Super Wal Mart for some grocery type things (meat to smoke one of these days, some chicken wings for the Super Bowl, etc.).

When we left, it was kind of sunny, but cold. Got about 30 miles up the road and some snow was starting to stick to the highway, but there was enough traffic to blow it off. Got to the city and there wasn't really anything coming down any more, but as the day went, it seemed like a very fine mist was starting. We started home, and the first 20 miles or so was fine, then the road just started getting covered. I set a fairly slow pace...maybe 50 mph because I don't like to drive in snow with head lights in my mirror...for the 20 miles back to where the snow had started on the way up, but then got behind somebody who was taking it slower than I was. I wasn't in a hurry so I just stayed behind them until we got to the next town, when they went a different direction. That put me back to the front of the train. By this time, the road had gotten covered pretty well, and wasn't blowing off with the traffic any more, so I just maintained about 40 mph, and figured if people wanted to pass me, they could.

Sunday was pretty boring...just sat around watching football and movies. My ankle was pretty sore since I spend a lot of time on it, with it tilted at a slight angle thanks to my shoe that is pretty worn out and barely stays on that foot. I knew it wasn't going to be a fun day, since I could feel my ankle hurting while laying in bed. I'm actually surprised I could make it upstairs as bad as it was hurting. It got a little better through the day, but was still pretty sore when I went to bed. Fortunately, it felt pretty good yesterday morning, and I haven't felt it since.

Well, I'm out of time for now, might post more this afternoon, or maybe even tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Comments:
Glad the ankle is better and that you made it home safely!

You picked up some good movies too! :thumb:
 
Sounds like it was a "white knuckle" trip back home, glad you got there safely.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?