Saturday, January 06, 2007

 

My excuses are getting fewer

For not eating healthier during the day, anyway. Yesterday we set up a little "kitchen" in the office. Just a "dorm" fridge, microwave, and a toaster oven that I bought almost 2 years ago for this purpose.

Provided I remember to bring food in, it should be easier to just come back to the office and fix something for lunch instead of rushing (at the end of my sales call) 12 miles to McDonald's, KFC, Burger King, etc., then 14 miles back to the store...just 8 miles from the business I call on. Should also be cheaper.

Granted, it's not going to stop me from making those trips, I really do like the food from those places, and I'm still going to have to make a run to that town for other things during my sales call sometimes, but it shouldn't happen near as often as it does now.

In other news, not much is going on in my little corner of the world. Tomorrow we're having brunch with my grandmother and aunt & uncle (all on my late mother's side). This afternoon I'm hoping to "season" my new smoker, then smoke a bone-in turkey breast to try it out. I'm only doing the turkey breast this time because I don't want to ruin 30 pounds of meat if there'd be a malfunction or if I dozed off and let it cook for 20 hours (okay, I never sleep that long, just don't want to take a big risk the first time out). All goes well, I might smoke some chicken hindquarters for supper on Sunday.

Have a nice weekend.

Comments:
Sounds like a great plan there Tim.

Mmmm... Smoked turkey!

Guess I'll have to get some wood for my Egg and do some smoking also...
 
Yeah, it's a lot better for you than tobacco smoking. :-)

The turkey came out pretty good, but the skin was a little funky tasting.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?