Wednesday, December 27, 2006

 

Wednesday Whatever - December 27 edition

Good afternoon readers. Welcome to the final Wednesday Whatever of 2006. I don't really know what to talk about today, so I guess I'll go over what I got for Christmas.

I guess I made out pretty good. From Dad and his girlfriend, I got a smoker (ordered it from Cabela's yesterday) and a $30 Best Buy gift card, a bottle of something to make some beer bread (I don't know if everything is in it or if I need other ingredients, haven't read the instructions yet), some candy (like I need that lol), and a wooden Sudoku board. From Dad's girlfriend's kids, I got a couple of DVD's, a box set of Garth Brooks CD's, and I thought something else, but I can't think of it right now. We hosted other family members and had a small gift exchange, in which I received a set of "Space Bags", those bags that you pack stuff in and vacuum out the air so they compress. We haven't had our get together with my late mother's side of the family yet, but the only gifts there are either for Grandma or usually a popcorn tin or similar item from her to each of the rest of us.

I really wasn't that into Christmas this year, but I wasn't really anti-Christmas either. It seemed to sneak up on me somehow. I never had the opportunity to go out and see the Christmas lights people had up, and I didn't get to the City for any shopping or supper with Dad like normal. Did all of my shopping during the week leading up to Christmas, Internet for some gift cards, and a trip to the grocery store and Wal Mart for some other things.

New Year's Eve will be different. The past few years I've gone to the bars, but with it falling on Sunday this year, the bar I go to when I go out isn't going to be open. I've also been cutting way back on drinking (no special reason other than I don't feel like doing it very often any more). I've decided that I really don't want to stay home, but I'm not really planning on drinking. I'll probably have to discuss it with my fishing buddy tomorrow to see what he's doing.

Ideally, I'd like to find a Honey and end the year with a bang, as well as start the year with another one. The chances of that happening, though, are slim and none, and I just saw slim leave town. Even if I found a willing prospect, I'd probably be too shy to make it happen.

Hope you enjoyed today's post, and that you have a safe New Year's Eve.

Comments:
Sounds like you netted a good haul for Christmas!

Hope your plans turn out the way you want them too for the New Year! ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?