Wednesday, December 20, 2006

 

Wednesday Whatever - December 20 edition

Good morning. It's the Wednesday before Christmas, and I have yet to finish my shopping. I only have Dad left, but have no idea what to get him. He said a gift card would be fine, but I don't know how much or where from. Pretty much have to decide today and get it ordered online.

I think last week I mentioned my "good" leg had some problems. Well, here's an update. While the color is still a little off and there's still some heat in the area, it doesn't feel near as bad. Had a couple of spots that seemed to be pimples (or zits as I like to say), but when they popped, it wasn't the usual crap and core that came out, it was almost watery and then the solid resembled fat from a raw steak and had a smaller piece that looked like the lean part of a steak. The whole thing was smaller than half of a pea, but it was still wierd.

I also mentioned that my uncle had passed away last Wednesday. The funeral was held Saturday morning in a very small church. They had to bring in about 20 folding chairs to hold the crowd (in addition to the pews that were full), so it was a very nice crowd. One thing I thought was very appropriate, was that we took the long way to the cemetary. One thing he enjoyed was driving through the country, and instead of a 12 mile drive if we'd taken the normal route, it was closer to 30 miles. The reason for this was that the Funeral Home in charge of this had another funeral at the same time with the deceased being buried in the same cemetary.

Yesterday Dad brought my old football cards up from our old house. Just by doing a quick look at ebay.com, I think I have about $300 worth of late '70s and early '80s cards. I don't know whether to try to ebay them myself, or take my chances and try to find a dealer that won't screw me on them. 99.9 of the cards are what I would consider mint condition...I don't have packaging, but the cards have the original color and are not bent or creased in any way. I haven't made any spectacular finds, but an interesting one is a 1979 Mike Patrick...I didn't know he played. I also have multiples of some that I think should be worth something (Franco Harris, Danny White, etc.).

Well, I gotta go for now. I wish you and your family(ies) a Merry Christams, and if I forget to post next week, a Happy New Year.

Comments:
Merry Christmas to you too, Tim.

I hope you have a great New Year and all your wishes come true.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?