Wednesday, December 13, 2006

 

Wednesday Whatever - December 13 edition

Greetings dear readers, sorry about no post last week. I told you about Dad retiring from his job as City Clerk, right? Well, as a result, I had to give up the City's DSL Internet Service, so we called to get that disconnected in addition to getting hooked up with our own DSL Service here at the store. We wanted them deactivated/activated on the same day, but eveidenlty there was some confusion as the City's DSL Service died Thursday afternoon, and our store's wasn't going to be active until today.

Thursday also started a string of unfortunate happenings that I would like to have stopped immediately...if not sooner. While finishing up the phone call on the DSL Service and a couple of other items, my Fire Department got called to an accident on the highway just inside the City Limits. A pickup had pulled out from a gravel road in front of a dump truck, and of course the driver is deceased. He also happens to have been the father of one of my High School classmates. Since that accident, 4 other people that I know have passed away. 3 of them, I only knew well enough to know who they were. The 4th is my uncle. He was scheduled to have surgery today to fix a leaky valve and a clogged artery, but he didn't make it into the hospital, he collapsed around midnight at my cousin's house where he was spending the night, and we got the call at about 2:30 this morning.

Dad did holler down to let me know about it, but since I didn't answer, he decided to let me sleep. While I'm grateful that I got the sleep, I kinda wish I had known earlier instead of just getting to the top of the stairs, saying good morning, then BOOM. That always makes the day suck.

Well, now that I've depressed ya'll, and myself, let's move to some happier stuff. Thursday night we also found out that the people interested in buying our old house are going to buy it. Our Christmas tree has been standing for nearly 2 weeks now, and not even a ball has been moved by our lovely little angelic kitties (now watch, I'll go home tonight to find shiny ornaments scattered throughout the house, lights strung all over the floor, and artificail pine needles everywhere).

I guess I'm happy that our DSL Service that they said would be active by 5:00 this evening was up and running when I got here at 9:00 this morning (I just had to check). Found out that we do indeed need the filters on the phone lines here...got a call just after I was done and all I could hear was static. It continued after I picked up our cordless that I put a filter on, but ceased after hanging up the other one. Unfortunately, whoever called got tired of waiting before I got that done and hung up.

This one doesn't really fall under good news and I sure wouldn't put it with my bad news that I posted. My legs are conflicting. My good one has been kinda sore for the past week, with something that I've been treating as an infection...it was red and hot on the upper inner calf area, not to mention painful. The pain has subsided a bunch, but really hurts today because I have a huge zit on it right now...can't wait for that sucker to pop. The bad leg, however, really looked good this morning. Not as good as the other one when it's the right color, but better than it has for a while. From the knees up I feel surprisingly good, just wear down quickly (as anybody my size would). Sleep seems to be coming easier and it's been a long time since I've scared myself driving down the highway by nodding off for a second or 2. I've gotten this far on my own, just think how much better it'll be when I can get a new mask and start using my CPAP machine.

Well, there's a glimpse into my life over the past couple of weeks. Thanks for reading.

Comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle. :(
 
Sorry about your loss Tim.

But glad about your leg getting a bit better!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?