Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

Wednesday Whatever - November 1 edition

Man, this is gonna be tough. I missed last week, so I know you all are going to expect a really good post this time. Trouble is, my life has been pretty boring. I missed last week only because when I was going to post (on Wednesday even), Blogger decided to be doing an update or maintenance or something, and I never got back to it.

I'm going to take the week backwards and see what I can run into. First up, today I completed our monthly utility billing for our 430 or so customers in less than 3 hours and 15 minutes. By complete, I mean that I (get ready) entered meter readings, printed the readings, printed 2 copies of the "proof" bills, printed the bill cards, tore them all apart, and put the stamps on them.

Last night I felt like a truck ran over me, starting at about 5:00. But, since it was Halloween, and I didn't feel like answering the door, I went to get some groceries, then took a half hour nap in my truck in the driveway before going in at 8:00 to have supper. Felt so bad that I almost couldn't eat all of my supper (can of chicken noodle soup and a balogna/thuringer sandwich). Felt a bit better by the time I went to bed though.

Monday, I also felt pretty bad when I got home from work, but I had a meeting to go to in a town about 30 miles away. After they fed us, I started to feel a little better, but on the drive home, the insides of my thighs were hurting bad and I was hot but shivering. Again, I felt better just before going to bed. Oh, by the way, my truck almost got a new hood ornament about 7 miles from the town with the meeting...a big ol' buck deer came out of the ditch, ran parallel with me for a few yards, then ran back down into the ditch.

The weekend was kinda blah, but at least I didn't fall asleep much while watching TV like I normally do. Saturday was 3 races and a football game, while sunday was a pre race show, race, and a football game after returning from supper.

The rest of the last 2 weeks is pretty cloudy, even though the only alcohol I had this past weekend was about 4 drinks on Saturday night, and I wasn't feeling like crap until Monday.

Here's somewhat of a rant that I came up with on Monday afternoon, and had I felt a bit better on Monday night, I might have said it when the opportunity did come up. You see, my friends are always telling me that all I need to do to lose some weight is to not eat as much, but then when I'm with them and don't eat as much as they think a guy my size should eat, they ask "is that all you're eating? did you eat before you got here? are you stopping on the way home?" etc. I decided that sometime when they're doing this, I'm going to say "just because I weigh XXX pounds doesn't mean that I'm shoving food in my mouth 24 hours a day seven days a week".

Well, that's about all I know of in the world of Tiny for this week. Thanks for stopping by.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?