Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 

Wednesday Whatever - October 4 edition

Thankfully you're sitting down...you might have blacked out and fallen down if you weren't...I'm posting this on a Wednesday!!!!

Let's see, what all happened. I guess I'll start with Saturday morning. My cat Sherman, who is my bestest buddy in the whole world, scared the crap outta me. When I got up, he was laying on the floor at the foot of my bed, and I really didn't think much of it. A little while later, I noticed he hadn't come upstairs to see what's going on, so I whistled for him (sometimes I think he thinks he's a dog), but he wouldn't answer. I went back downstairs, he meowed at me like he was kind of hurting, so I picked him up and he seemed a little lighter than normal. I bring him upstairs and call Dad to see what we should do, then the vet's, but the vet didn't answer at the shop or at home. So I call Dad again and tell him I'm coming to work so he can come home and look at Sherman. He reports to me that he thinks it's just a tummy ache or constipation.

Well, I worry about him for the next 3 hours at work until I can close and go back home and be with him. Sherm laid by my feet all afternoon until about 5:00, when he went back to the basement to lay down. I decided to let him be, checked on him at about 6:15 before going uptown for supper, then again at around 8:00 when I got back home. About 10:00 or so, he made me a little happier by coming back upstairs, but he still didn't seem right. However, I knew at 2:00 AM Sunday that he was close to back to normal, he came downstairs, jumped on my bed, and since I was just sitting there upon returning from a walk across the room, I picked him up and heard the most joyous sound I could ever hear at that time...he was purring.

This whole incident made me feel really stupid because I was so convinced he was going to die that I posted it on a message board I visit, along with multiple updates. I even broke down and cried once (everybody does it, especially after holding in so much bullshit that you almost have to explode).

He is now back to normal and I couldn't be happier.

Another amazing thing happened on Sunday. I was in the middle of watching the Nextel cup race while Dad was outside preparing campaign signs to be put up all over the County. About 2:30-3:00 I decided that since he was probably going to his girlfriend's house shortly, I'd take my water pills. One of them routes the excess fluid out of the body, while the other one routes it through the liver. Why, I don't know, I'm just supposed to take both for a week then switch to the one that does the liver thing. Anyway, about an hour later, just when the pill that removes the water via the bladder is supposed to kick in, Dad says let's go put some signs up. Since I had to finish dressing anyway, I popped the cork on my bladder, then on a prayer, get into the pickup to go delivering signs. We spend about 3 hours driving around the County putting signs here and there, I even had a 20 ounce bottle of pop, but didn't feel the need to offload any water throughout this trip. I guess by the time we got home, I was starting to feel it, but I've had to go much worse in the past. It was unbelieveable that I could hold off for 3 hours, the effects of a pill that usually makes me tinkle every 20 or so minutes for 3 hours.

Well, that about does it for the highlights of my life over the last week. Thanks for reading.

Comments:
Glad to hear Sherman is ok. My "kids" do ask that you still have him checked out by the Vet.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?