Friday, September 29, 2006

 

Wednesday Whatever - September 27 edition

As seems to be the norm lately, I'm writing this not on the day it should be, but at a later date. This time on Friday afternoon.

Well, Dad's County Supervisor campaign signs are slowly being put up. I think he said a day or 2 ago that we had about 150 of our 250 plastic yard signs up, and there are a bunch of the bigger wooden signs in place. We have some names in the remaining towns, but really need to think of more to get adequate coverage.

Sounds like my favorite lunch will be no more pretty soon. I've been getting KFC's famous bowl and some of their (evidently) soon to be discontinued Honey BarBQ Boneless wings. I guess it would be a good opportunity to cut back to just the bowl and hopefully further my getting into better shape. I don't really like the term "weight loss", as I have considerably more to get rid of than most people.

Speaking of that term, I've been watching this season's episodes of NBC's "The Biggest Loser", and enjoying it much more than I thought I would. It helps that one of my fellow message board posters and bloggers is related to one of the contestants that made the show, and that he is also a fireman. I just wish that during that show (or really any time I'm at home), I'd get off my fat, lazy butt and do something instead of sitting there munching away.

I must be doing something right though...I'm not sure if I already posted this or not, but last week after Fire Department training, I weighed myself at the local Co-op's grain scale, and found that since May of 2005 I had lost at least 30 pounds, and possibly as much as 70. The scale was fluctuating due to the wind, so I couldn't get an accurate read. I've decided to try again after our next Fire Department Meeting, which is Thursday the 5th of October. That's going to be after a full week of taking water pills, and 4 days of taking "Trim Life" vitamins and fat burner pills. I know the drug type stuff isn't going to do anything for me by itself, but I'm hoping it'll do enough to make me feel like it's helping and give me the push I need to start doing other stuff. If the scale shows I'm down 90+ from May of '05, I'll be starting some serious training, and keep those numbers falling. If it's not there yet, I'll bitch about it for a while, and continue what little I am that is sort of working, but make it a little less intake and bump up the mini workout I do right before bed.

Comments:
I know what you mean about watching the Biggest Loser while eating the stuff that isn't so great for us! I do the same but wow--that show does motivate me.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the 90# or more. It sounds like you're making small strides and that's how you'll make it permanent and keep it off you know. A big woo hoo for you Tim!
 
That's pretty good news Tim! Keep going, I know you can do it!
 
Thanks guys. It means a lot to know there are people pulling for me.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?