Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 

Wednesday Whatever - September 13 edition

Good afternoon, readers, lovely day here in Western Iowa.

First off, several of my friends participated in blogging about victims of 9/11. I debated doing so myself, but I felt that I couldn't even do decent job of memorializing a friend or family member, let alone somebody who I had never met. I'm glad not everybody feels the same way I do about it, or if they did, they took a shot at it anyway. I only read a few, but it was nice seeing that people are still willing to take the time to research, and put into words what others of us are too scared or lazy to. I know there are other reasons people didn't participate, and I respect those reasons.

This weekend marks the 58th annual "Calf Show" in my community. For the second year in a row, there will be no calves on display, unless people roll up their pant legs. This used to be a really big deal, but now it's basically a parade on Saturday morning and a reason (if we really need one in this small German town) to go get drunk. Maybe I'm a bit cynical about it because I'm not in good enough shape to walk all over and take in the sights and sounds, but my observations are what it looks like from where I can get to.

Dad's supervisor campaign has been at a standstill, but last night he revealed to me that he's been told to hold off on putting up signs for a while...I'm assuming until after the School Board election which was held yesterday. Last night when we got home from getting groceries, we assembled 98 signs to the wires that hold them in peoples yards. We also have 8 large signs ready to be put in along highways here in the county, with enough wood for 6 more. We should be ready once we get the green light to post 'em.

Well, I guess that's about all I can think of for today. Thanks for stopping by.

Comments:
Good luck to your dad with his campaign!

Thanks for the education on Hog confinements.

I imagine they don't smell very nice... ;o)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?