Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Wednesday Whatever - August 9 edition

Welcome weaders...er, readers. It's time to post my boring weekly updates.

First off, news from the health front. As you may recall (maybe not, I don't know if I ever posted it), my leg has been bothering me at night by stinging like heck until about 3:00 in the morning, from finishing up on it's leaking procedure for the day. Yesterday I decided I wanted to do something about it, so I called the Physical Therapist that got me started with the wrapping procedure. She said it was quite possible that I had an infection in there, and that was also causing some excess leakage. She suggested I see my regular doctor, but since I had a refill left on my antibiotics, I decided to just refill that and see what happens after a few days of taking them again. She also recommended starting again on my diuretic/water pill. The main problem with that is, I work until 5, don't remember to take it until 7, then I'm up all night peeing. I don't really mind waking up several hundred times a night, I just don't like to actually get up during the night.

Overall, during the day, I feel like I've been losing a couple of pounds here and there, but I just ain't seeing it. Of course on this body, a couple of pounds is like removing a cup of water from Lake Superior. I guess my belly doesn't seem to interfere with my steering wheel as much lately, so I suppose that's measureable progress.

My favorite fishing lake is having it's annual Carp Contest this weekend. It's usually worth $10,000 (10 fish tagged worth $1,000 each). This year it's a biggie...$25,000 (25 tags worth $1,000 each). My buddy and I are going to hit it for the third time.

Sunday will also, unfortunately, mark the fifth anniversary of my sister's passing. One day, I'll return to Wichita to relive some of the fun events I shared with her. Like going to a Wichita Wrangler's Minor League baseball game, visiting the "Exploration Place" (a place built mainly for kids to learn stuff at, but is really fun no matter what your age), mini-golf, and some of the restaurants. I had no idea writing this paragraph would make me tear up a little bit.

I think last week I mentioned something about straightening my desk a bit. Well, I got it as far as it is going to go. Used to be level deep with about 6 inches above my PC tower, with just enough desktop exposed to set our wireless keyboard and mouse on. Now I can actually see parts of the desktop...didn't remember it was that color. lol. However, it still falls under what most people would probably call "cluttered".

Well, that's it for today. My butt hurts so I'm gonna go sit on Dad's chair for a while and maybe cop a snooze until closing time.

Comments:
Your updates are not boring. I might not always comment, but I read and enjoy :)
 
Thanks. The updates might not be boring, but my life sure seems to be. :-)
 
I enjoy your updates as well.

I love to fish so have a good time at the lake and good luck winning that prize!

Also, while it is so hard for you losing your sister I'm really glad you're focusing on the good things you've shared--it's therapeutic and a wonderful way to remember her in spirit.
 
Thanks Juanita. Can't believe it's already been 5 years.
 
Tim, I've read all of your updates. I try to comment when I think I might be able to add something. Like Juanita, I'm glad you are remembering all the good times you had with your sister.
 
Thanks Nine.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?