Wednesday, August 02, 2006

 

Wednesday Whatever - August 2 edition

Well, the time has come again to make my definate weekly post. I know I should post more aside from Wednesdays, but I really don't have much to say.

This afternoon we had a little excitement in my old neighborhood (I recently moved a block and a half East of my former residence). There was a small electrical fire in the basement in one of my old neighbors' house. 2 minute response time, mostly just using our ventilation fans to blow the smoke out of the house, but we did take a "booster reel" hose in and spray a little water after the smoke was cleared out. Not sure what was on fire since I didn't go inside.

I suppose some of you are wondering how my leg is coming. Progress seems to have really stalled out again. At least it isn't going backwards is all I can say. I really wish the fluid wouldn't leak out through the skin, that's causing some problems with sleeping. You see, when I lay down at night, I usually lay on my left side or stomach. Guess where the leaks are...left side of left leg and the front of the leg. And, for some reason, they sting really bad until 3 AM unless I have a clean towel under the leg (new one every night).

It seems like I am actually dropping a couple of pounds here and there. I noticed Monday that the walk into the store from my truck, the walk with the Meals on Wheels food at the Senior Center, and my walk back from lunch didn't take as much energy from me as they had the last few weeks, and I wasn't looking for something to lean on in order to stay standing. I know that sounds weird to those of you in decent shape, but for me, that was HUGE. However, since I noticed that, I expected to feel that good all the time, and I don't know if it's just because my expectations are too high or what, but I don't feel quite as good today.

Well, I told my boss (Dad) that I was going to start trying to straighten out my desk somewhat today, so I better get to work on that since I only have an hour left here today.

Comments:
So, is your desk straight?
 
Not quite yet, but it ain't near as crooked as it was.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?