Wednesday, July 26, 2006

 

Wednesday Whatever - July 26 edition

Not much new happening in the town of Tiny, so I'm afraid you're going to have to put up with another "filler piece" here this week. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a new Sansui 20" flat screen TV for my basement bedroom for right at $100. This week, it looks like there's a VCR/DVD-R combo unit available at the same store for about $70, so I might have to check that out since my Dish DVR hard drive only has about 45 minutes of recording time left.

It was a sad afternoon yesterday for our Fire Department. One of our members had to call for an ambulance for his mother, who unfortunately, passed away. She was 59. I don't know if we could have done anything if she had been found sooner or not, but it really sucks to be involved with a DOA call. It makes the calls easier when we can at least be trying to do something to save the patient, even though you know in your heart that they aren't going to make it.

Now a little something to lighten the mood. My buddy Sherman (yeah, he's a cat, but he's also my bestest buddy in the world) had been having his hair clump on his back, and pretty much the rest of his torso, so Dad decided to do a little trimming on him. You know those rectangular garbage cans that are about 20" tall? well, we/he filled one about 1/3 of the way with Sherman's hair, and there's still some that could come off. I gotta admit, Sherman seems to feel 1000% better than he had earlier in the summer. For several nights, he didn't come down to my bedroom, but now I wake up with him on my chest several times a night. His "sisters" are spoiled brats...they'll meow at Dad until he gives them a can of Friskies food, of course Sherman enjoys that food too, but he has no problem enjoying the dry Meow Mix in the bowl in the basement. I told ya'll that to tell ya'll this. I've been enjoying some Frito's Scoops corn chips lately with a can of Frito Lay Mild Cheddar cheese. Since it's got a pull top like the cat food cans, my angels all come running when I open it. Sneetch and Bela figure out that it's mine and I'm not going to share, but since his haircut, Sherman does the cutest thing. I have a table thing right next to my chair, about 30-36 inches high, that I set my pop and the can of cheese on. Well, he stretches up and reaches onto the top of the table thing and tries to knock the can of cheese, the plastic lid, or the metal lid down. Maybe I'm not explaining it well enough, but it's one of the cutest things I've ever seen him do, since he's so timid about it too.

Last night at the grocery store, I did something I swore I would never do. I paid $8.99/pound for a Ribeye steak. That SOB better make my mouth have an orgasm after I grill it. We also got in on some free Sweet Corn, so that'll make a nice combination for supper tonight....maybe with some of the canned irish potatoes that I picked up. Monday night I had some pork cutlets cooked in cream of mushroom soup, over bread, with a bowl of Campbell's Potato and Ham chowder. The soup wasn't quite heated long enough, and the bread was almost at expiration, so it wasn't the best meal I've prepared for myself.

I can't belive I only have 5 weeks and 1 day left of picking up the meals for our local Meals on Wheels program. What's more astonishing is that this is the end of the 8th week that I've been doing it. Seems like I just started.

Well, not bad for not thinking I had anything to talk about when I started writing this today, huh? Until next time, keep it 'tween the ditches.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?