Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

Wednesday Whatever - July 12 Edition

Hey everybody, it's me again. I think I'm going to go North one town tonight and buy a TV for the basement. Right now I have a little 13 inch TV down there, but when I'm laying in bed, I can't read the Dish menu to see what's on. I'm thinking the 20" flat screen that's on sale for $100 should help in that regard.

We did the grocery thing last night, but since it was after supper and for some reason my 2 Footlong hot dogs and Brownie Batter Blizzard filled me up more than usual, I really didn't buy much. I may have to eat out a couple of nights or make a filler stop sometime.

Dad's County Supervisor campaign is rolling along semi-smoothly. He was in 2 parades last week, and went to another town's celebration this past weekend where he made his mark at a bake sale. Also, he worked a Mountain Lion exhibit and a Quilt show for a Sesquicentennial celebration in the town just South of here, where he's going to have to get quite a few votes from in order to unseat one of the incumbents. We've only bought 2 signs for the campaign so far - 18x24 magnetic signs for on our trucks. One of them blew off before we hit 45 mph one night, and now doesn't stick at all. Luckily it held on the Mustang he used in the 2 parades. We were going to order a replacement for that sign, and a couple more to go on our tailgates, but the signmaker went to the city to pick up some supplies so I have to wait until tomorrow to order them.

I'm on my own here at work tomorrow since Dad has to take his girlfriend to the city (different city) for some kind of test (voluntary), and visit her kids/grandkids. Please come up with some blogging ideas or anything to keep me entertained all day.

I think our Mayor is an idiot. I feel halfway safe typing that since I know he doesn't know how to use a computer, and it is highly unlikely that anybody reading this is from my hometown. Why do I think he's an idiot you ask? Well, first off, he basically fired me from being the town's treasurer, but hired my replacement at 15 times my pay for doing the same job. Another reason, the City budgeted for this fiscal year, $10,000 to upgrade playground equipment at the main park, with the rest of the funding coming from a local group's fundraising efforts. Somehow he got 3 of the 5 Council members to vote against paying the already allotted funds, allegedly due to a slide (that was never going to be put back up anyway) wasn't re-installed. I made him pay for what he did to me (I hadn't billed for my services for about 10 months, so I submitted a bill at the new treasurer's rate...and got paid), so I really hope the Park Committee has the fortitude to do something to (again) make him look like the jackass that he really is. Of course, if the Council members would realize that the Mayor is nothing more than a figure head, that they actually decide what happens in this town, we'd be a lot better off.

Well, that's all that's on my mind this week. Until next time, have a good one.

Comments:
Ah, politics. Hope you get the playground built.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?