Thursday, July 20, 2006

 

PCDI can kiss my butt

Back in December of 2004, I decided that we'd been having too many problems with our computers, and I'd like to be able to fix them if anything more went wrong. So, I do minimal research and decide to take PCDI's PC repair course since they send you some FREE TOOLS to use once you graduate. In hindsight, I should have went with my hunch that I had once I received the first shipment of course materials. I did a quick skim of the book they sent, and found no mention of the XP operating system, which all of my computers (4 of them) have. I sent a question to the instructors asking if they would cover XP and newer equipment down the line, and they said that it would be covered.

Another hint that things might not be up to snuff occurred a couple of months into the program when, after waiting several weeks for a new shipment to arrive (they send a batch of 4-6 lessons after receiving the tests for 3-5 of the previous batch) I called them to see where this shipment was, and they said they hadn't received 2 of the 4 tests I'd sent in (3 were mailed the same day, guess I shoulda used the same envelope).

The only thing I applaud them for is the fact that about halfway through the course, I found that I could take the tests online, thereby removing the chances that they'd get lost in the mail.

Oh well, they're paid now, and as soon as I get my diploma, I don't have to be in touch with them any more.

Comments:
You get your tools yet, or do they come after you graduate?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?