Thursday, July 06, 2006

 

I wanna talk about me, wanna talk about I...

Okay, so much for the Toby Keith lead in. This is my "100 things about me" post that seems to be going around my stalker friends' blogs....too bad I can't be original and have stuff stolen from me. Here we go:

1. I'm a very large person.
2. Surprisingly (from what I've read about similarly sized/weighted people), I get around without mechanical assistance.
3. I'm a Ford man, but drive and love my Dodge pickup.
4. I've only been drunk one time.
5. I've only had 2 deserved hangovers.
6. I'm a NASCAR fan.
7. I have 3 cats.
8. One of them is my best buddy in the whole world.
9. Even though he bit me once 6 years ago, and my leg still isn't healed from it.
10. I sell NAPA Auto Parts.
11. I sell Liquor.
12. I'm a part time accountant.
13. I work in the City Clerk's office.
14. I'm involved with the local Volunteer Fire Department.
15. My best friends are about 20 years older than I am.
16. I have another friend from High School that I don't talk to nearly enough.
17. Our Dad's graduated and hung out together.
18. Our Mom's graduated and hung out together.
19. We've been in the process of remodeling and moving for almost 3 years.
20. My mother died from Cancer.
21. My sister died from complications of Diabetes.
22. I drove a race car for 5 seasons.
23. I only had 2 hard wrecks.
24. My last season I didn't finish a race.
25. I won 1 heat race.
26. Same night, I failed to start the feature.
27. I was taken out while leading coming off a re-start on a night when I had the field covered.
28. We ran 4-wide for 4 laps one night, before somebody behind us wrecked.
29. I once made a pass while watching a wreck over my shoulder.
30. I played on Dart Leagues for about 5 years.
31. I played in the State Dart Tournament 3 times.
32. I've been to Fire School twice.
33. The second time was a lot more fun.
34. I'm forbidden to say why.
35. But the first night was almost as much fun and we didn't even leave the hotel.
36. I've learned to play cribbage.
37. I knew how to play pitch, but I think I need a refresher course.
38. I love to play Euchre, but I'm never in a crowd that plays.
39. I've been arrested.
40. This is harder than I thought.
41. I've attended 5 NASCAR Winston/Nextel Cup races.
42. I've attended 3 Busch Grand National Races.
43. I've attended 3 Craftsman Truck Series races.
44. I've attended 4 ARCA races.
45. I've been to 1 World of Outlaws race.
46. I've been to 1 UDTRA/Hav-a-Tampa race.
47. I've been to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway gift shop.
48. I have almost a dozen dirt tracks within about a 2 hour drive from my home.
49. I took up fishing about 3 years ago.
50. I've only caught 4 fish.
51. One of them, the lure was bigger than the fish.
52. I used to never drink water.
53. Now I drink almost a gallon a day.
54. In addition to over a case of Pepsi a week.
55. I love Cappucino.
56. But hate Coffee.
57. I like garlic and hot sauces.
58. But can't stand vegetables aside from Corn, Potatoes, and Mushrooms.
59. My desk is a mess.
60. But I can find anything requested that is on it in less than a minute.
61. Did I mention that this is hard?
62. I take blood pressure meds.
63. That caused a case of Sleep Apnea.
64. That must not be too bad any more.
65. Because I haven't used my CPAP machine for a couple/few months and haven't noticed the symptoms that I had that caused me to get the machine.
66. But I will go back on the machine when I get a bigger mask and the air coming through the machine cools off again.
67. I have a TV in my bedroom.
68. I don't watch it because it's too small to be seen from my bed.
69. I wanted Alltel when I got my last cell phone.
70. They didn't service my area so I went with Cellular One.
71. A couple of months into my contract, Cellular One sold out to Alltel.
72. 2 of my cats don't like it when I hold them.
73. So I do it every chance I get just to spite them.
74. They don't mind me petting them when they're on the ground though.
75. I keep too much stuff.
76. 13 years of Stock Car Racing Magazine.
77. 13 years of Circle Track Magazine.
78. 5 or so years of Hawkeye Racing News newspaper.
79. Several Years of Sports Illustrated Magazine.
80. Every Credit Card Bill I've ever received.
81. Invoices/Sales Slips for most stuff I've ever bought (not groceries or lunches or stuff like that though).
82. I've been as far East as Washington D. C.
83. I've been as far South as Altanta GA.
84. I've been as far West at Rapid City SD.
85. That's about as far North as I've been too.
86. I made a 6 hour drive in 110 degree weather with no air conditioning.
87. With my grandmother in the passenger seat.
88. We survived.
89. I attended a 29 hour party, with an hour nap at 6:30 in the morning.
90. I got home from a Friday night out at 5:30 AM.
91. And went to work at 9:00 AM.
92. I'm almost done with this.
93. I have lots of friends that I haven't met in person.
94. I would like to change that into having more friends that I have met in person.
95. I've met and talked to Ken Schrader.
96. I've been within arm's length of several other NASCAR drivers including Kyle Petty and Buddy Baker.
97. I've met at least 4 NASCAR Winston Racing Series National Champions (Joe, Steve, and Ed Kosiski, and Gary Webb).
98. I know I've had other encounters with famous people, but I can't remember them right now.
99. This post took me all afternoon.
100. But I'm now done with it.

Comments:
YAY!!!! You did it :o) Great job
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?