Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 

Wednesday Whatever - June 21 edition

A little over halfway through my first month of picking up meals for the Senior Citizens here in town that have signed up to receive them. Thus far I have earned $160 for my troubles of driving 30 miles round trip and taking an hour out of my day, 3 days a week.

Since Dad and I have been drinking more water and less pop, we decided on Monday to check into having one of those water coolers put in at our store. I checked the prices on Monday just as we were going to close, and made the order to have it put in on Tuesday. Even with the $11/month cooler rental, it's much cheaper than buying Aquafina bottled water off the truck. I think we were paying about $12/case of 24 - 20 ounce bottles. Now we're paying $5 per 5 gallon carboy of water. I'm sure we'll kill at least one of those a week.

Tomorrow I go to the City for the third time in 2 weeks. This time I'm going for a meeting/class on how to sell Heavy Duty (truck) parts in our store. Doesn't sound like something that'd take a class for, does it? But, I'm okay with it because a) it's a day out of the store; b) they're buying lunch; and c) I get to choose from my 3 favorite fast food joints for supper (Arby's, Long John Silver's, and Wendy's). This City is the closest that any of these places are to where I live, about 60 miles. Downside to tomorrow's meeting/class is that I won't be on the internet at all, all day. I also have a Fire Department Training class tomorrow night when I return from the City, except I have to go to the next town over for the class.

I like going to KFC once in a while for one of their "Famous Bowls" and some Macaroni and Cheese. A few weeks ago I was in their drive thru when I noticed they have a "Mega" size pop. Well, since I like to slurp on a glass of pop for a long time, I decided to give it a go. My jaw hit the steering wheel in my truck when I saw the size of the jug. They definately weren't kidding when they named it the "Mega", it's a half gallon bucket filled with pop and ice. To quote Ron White, "I told ya that story so I could tell ya this one". The SECOND time I got this nice sized glass of pop, I kept the glass and have since filled it with ice and water at about 9:00 at night and drank it down before going to bed. However last night for some reason, I didn't do this. I immediately knew it when I went to bed. If you've been reading my blog for a while now, you know that I have a swollen leg (not near as bad now as before) that leaks fluid almost constantly. When I was drinking that half gallon of water before bed, I wouldn't have a whole lot of fluid come out of my leg onto the towels that I've learned to put at the foot of the bed. Last night I almost drowned. The towels were dry when I went to bed at 11:00, and by the time I woke up at 1:00 (wasn't comfortable and had to pee), when I moved my leg, it actually sounded like a splash. Needless to say, I took those towels off the bed and after relieving myself, went and got my big thirsty towel out of the drier (the laundry room is in the bathroom). Evidently, my leg was close to done leaking for the night when I got up, because the new towel wasn't very wet this morning when I got up.

I bet ya'll are wondering, since I drink that much water right before bed, if I get up 20 times for relief. Well, the answer is no. If I get up in the middle of the night, it's 1 time unless I've taken a water pill that didn't work in the time it was supposed to. I've actually made it through the night at least twice, although the last time I got up 15 minutes early because I couldn't take the pressure in my bladder. I don't know why, but for some reason, I really don't like to head to the bathroom until it's almost an emergency.

Well, now that I feel I've made some of you question your wanting to come and read my blog, I guess it's time to wrap it up.

Have a nice day and thank you for taking the time to read my blog.

Comments:
You kow, for a nickel more, you could have gotten the 55 gallon drum.
 
Err, You know.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?