Thursday, June 29, 2006

 

It's time to fess up

I made a boo boo on my Meals on Wheels job yesterday. I didn't notice any notes for people not wanting lunch, so I went on my way to pick up all but the 2 that said they'd be gone all week. When I got to the senior center, I checked my list to make sure I remembered which 2 weren't getting meals, and went inside. I told the lady in charge how many and who was getting them, then proceeded to wait for the meals to be done. I've got an 18 minute drive back, and have to be back by 11:10, only this day they didn't get me out the door until 11:00. So, I called Dad right away to let the delivery driver know that I was running late. Now might be a good time to throw in the fact that the lady in charge at the Senior Center gave me some paperwork for a couple of the meals recipients to fill out, 1 being one of the cancellations for the week. Okay, I'm back in town handing off the meals to the delivery person and tell them who gets the meals. Well, I gave the name of the person that needed to fill out the form that was going to be gone, and didn't mention one that was supposed to be getting a meal.

Well, I don't figure this out until later in the afternoon when the person who was supposed to get the meal called and told me she forgot to call earlier and tell me not to pick one up, but she was home now and if I had the meal, she wanted it. Couple of phone calls later I find out what happened and another phone call to my supervisor to let her know what happened and find out what to do, she told me not to worry about it, saying that's okay, it happens.

Last night the person I told the delivery driver to deliver the meal to called and basically chewed Dad out (on our answering machine since I couldn't get to the phone) for not having her down as gone for the week and making sure she was off the list for Friday, she called again this morning to make sure we got the message, at which time I got Dad off the hook and let her know what happened.

Comments:
We ALL make mistake Tim, that's why we're human! ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?