Thursday, June 29, 2006

 

I had a busy and interesting Sales Call/Lunch Hour today

My first stop was at the bar I do the books for, as I had to drop off some new time cards and pick up some candy for Dad to throw out in the Parade on Monday evening. All I knew about the candy was that there was supposed to be $100 worth. Know how much that is? 3200 "Dum Dum" suckers. Got them loaded and headed to my next stop at the garage I call on to drop off some "can bags" (Iowa Recycling Law pop can return bags) and have a can of pop with them and basically catch some crap about whatever they feel like picking on me about. My next stop, I'm supposed to catch up to the Budweiser truck to pick up a keg tapper and some glasses, as well as some beer that Dad forgot to order. Considering I was 15 minutes late, I knew to drive uptown in this other town and caught him leaving a bar, but he didn't see me and continued to the grocery store where I parked right behind him. He didn't see me then either, and since I'm lazy, have a sore foot, and the other knee is sore, I wait in my truck for him to come out....and wait, and wait...probably about 10 minutes. So, he now sees me and grabs the tapper, but he's out of cups, and has his assistant put the beer I want in the back of my truck. Then he told me to go to our original meeting spot to see if they had any glasses since he forgot to put them on the truck.

I get to the other store, put my foot in my shoe and position it so the sore isn't hurting quite so bad, and hobble into the store to ask about the glasses. Of course they don't have any, so I hobble back to my truck, kick my shoe off and bend down to pick it up, at which time my back decides to relieve some pressure and pop in about 4 places. This actually felt good. Okay, now I gotta head back uptown to pick up the drugs I had ordered at the pharmacy....drive thru....God I love them. This was uneventful, and I head down to the highway to get to another drive thru for lunch. A car in front of me was waiting to make a left turn at one stoplight. He actually had plenty of time at one point, but waited until the light was about to turn red to go ahead and turn, so now I'm running late and hit a red light. I finally make it to KFC and place my order, pull around the corner for the pickup window when I see another car waiting at the window, only they're parked 4 feet away from it. Their order finally gets served to them and the driver has to open their door to grab it from the window. In the mean time, I called Dad to let him know I'm running late, but at my last stop.

Finally made it back to work at 12:15.

Comments:
At least you finally got into KFC. Sounds like you were pretty busy.
 
And I thought I had a busy day...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?