Wednesday, May 10, 2006

 

I just realized I'm a hypocrit

Every morning, I have a certain routine where I read new posts on 4 or 5 message boards, then look at my favorite blogs, followed by checking my e-mail. Well, when I'm looking at the blogs, I feel disappointed when I find out that nothing new was posted since my last visit, yet I haven't made a post on my own blog since last Friday. Same thing happens with the message boards and e-mail....I rarely post and send even fewer e-mails, yet I depend on these things to keep me entertained. I'll try to do better about updating my blog and not feeling disappointed by un-updated blogs/message boards/lack of e-mails.

Health news. I'm not really sure why, but I seem to be walking a little better now, even though the bottom of my left foot is sore, and my right knee hurts from compensating for the foot. I don't know if I've lost a couple of pounds or simply gained back a little confidence in my walking, but for a while, I was so worried about tripping that I could barely walk at all. I still don't like uneven surfaces, but when I can see it's flat and level, I get to moving fairly well. My left leg seems to be getting better (read past posts to get the full story), but I still have a ways to go.

I love having prescriptions that can be refilled without having to see the doctor. A few weeks ago, I noticed that my leg was a little pinker and hotter than usual, but my antibiotic bottle was empty (I still had a couple of the complimentary pills that he gave me on the original script tho). Well, instead of having to wait 3 days for an appointment and the infection getting that much worse, I simply popped one of the freebie pills, called the pharmacy for the refill, and had the new pills that night. 3 days later the infection was gone, but I took the meds for another 3 days to make sure it stays gone. Now I have some leftovers so I don't have to call the pharmacy right away, I can get down to 1 or 2 pills before calling. However, after that next script is filled, I don't have any more refills and I'll have to visit the doc if I need more.

Well, that should be enough for today's look into my life. Until next time, keep it real.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?