Monday, April 24, 2006

 

NASCAR

Gotta make a post about my favorite sport here. I was watching Wind Tunnel on Speed Sunday night. Dave DeSpain was hosting with guest Ed Hinton and Robin Miller tossed in his 2 cents via satellite or something like that. Now, granted, I couldn't care less what these guys say, but their words are heard/read far and wide and may sway the thinking of the people that hear/read them. The main issue I have trouble with is their bashing of Kurt Busch doing his "Snow Angel" celebration after the Bristol race that was affected by snow, and the following Busch race (can't remember where) that wasn't. I've got 2 requests when it comes to celebrations following a victory. Do something original, or act like you've won before. The Angel was original. Burnouts (first one I remember is Ron Hornaday following the November ARCA race at Atlanta in 1999), the Polish Victory Lap (Alan Kulwicki), Fence Climb (Helio Castroneves at Indy a few years ago), etc. are getting old. Although, I do enjoy the PVL when it is in tribute to a fallen racer, as when Rusty did it at Bristol in '93, Dale Earnhardt at Pocono or Talladega in '93, and Steve Park at Rockingham in '01.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?