Friday, April 14, 2006

 

Can it Be?

2 Entries in 2 days? Oh my God. For those interested, my leg is coming along nicely. Still can't put a shoe on correctly (probably could, but not while the leg is wrapped), but if past moves on the swelling are any indication, it's getting ready to make another move in the right direction that could provide the breakthrough needed to finally wear 2 shoes at once. Also on the health front, I've been taking antibiotics on and off since January because of a re-curring infection, and now have a new sleeping partner....a CPAP machine due to the onset of Sleep Apnea, I believe stemming from my "Beta Blocker" blood pressure meds that I've been taking since December or so.

Also, like the cool kids that I've been copying by having a blog and posting on message boards, I've been trying to lose some weight. Granted, I haven't been near as successful at it. My present goal is to weigh one-half (1/3 would be perfect) of what I do today, but I think I'm going to need some help getting there. I have cut back on the food intake ALOT, and really don't miss it...almost skipped supper last night even. Lately, I've been researching weight loss surgery (also known as bariatric surgery). The one in particular that I think would best suit me is the "Duodenal Switch", where a good portion of the stomach is actually removed instead of stapled or banded off, and the intestines are re-routed so that the food doesn't stay in them as long and the fat does not have a chance to be retained in the body.

What a difference a year makes. Last year at this time, I was ready to pop anybody in the nose that mentioned weight loss surgery, and now I'm actually considering it. The biggest obstacle in my way is the cost. I don't have insurance, nor do I have any substantial savings, and the price ranges anywhere from $15000 to $60000, depending on the doctor and how long of a hospital stay is involved, among other things.

I know this could be arranged better, but I'm typing this as I think of it instead of going back and editing. I think I am losing a little bit of weight...this morning's trip up from my bedroom in the basement didn't seem to leave me as winded as in the recent past, and I just checked my "resting" pulse rate...72. Hard to believe since I'm sitting on a chair that doesn't have a back on it, and with my size I usually need a backrest.

Well, thanks for reading.

Comments:
Good luck with the weight loss, no matter which way you choose.
 
Thanks to the link at Nuggies blog, I found you!

I think we're all in the same boat, luckily for us it has not sunk yet ;-)

We can all lose weight. I have confidence in us.

Like Nuggie said, good luck no matter which way you try! Jus know we're all pulling for you!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?