Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 
Good news I think. My leg appears to be making some slow progress. When I go to bed at night, I can get the bulge that is on the inside of my ankle flattened out to where I can feel the ankle bone with my other foot, and the upper outside of my calf seems to be getting more fluid pushed out in the overnight hours. Ever since I started this procedure, I've wished that I hadn't waited 5 years from when my cat bit me, causing the infection, that caused the condition that is causing the swelling, to get help. There were, however, three main reasons that I didn't. First, I didn't/still don't have insurance, Second, I thought that in finding out what was wrong or in treating it, that the doctor would want to check the cat out, and since he is still my bestest buddy in the world, I wasn't going to let anything happen to him (yes, even tho his bite is what caused this), and third, up until recently, the swelling didn't bother me a bit except for the looks of it compared to the other leg, and had been easily hid under my jeans.

Also. I'm getting much more comfortable sleeping in the basement of our new house. Getting a lot more sleep every night than for a while after we moved in. Pretty soon I should have my sleep debt paid down enough that I'm not falling asleep at the wheel. I have found a deterrent to falling asleep behind the wheel tho, Altoids Peppermint. They're pretty strong, but they do keep me awake. I'm working on my second tin of them, popping 3 at a time. My sleepiness could also be caused by the need for new eyeglasses. Every time I've been out of spec with the lenses, I've had a hard time staying awake when not constantly moving, and it's going on 2 years since my last eye exam.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?